Monday, May 2, 2011

Mary Glover Finish and Half a Finish

I have not been blogging, but I have been doing a lot of stitching! I finished the Mary Glover SAL, hosted by Emmanuelle, this weekend. This is such a lovely piece, I can't wait to have it framed!
Here are a few close ups:
The colours are so pretty and I love the Rice Stitch band, even though it was time consuming.

I have also made some great progress on Historic Countries Sampler, with half of the countries completed (Spain, Scandinavia, Holland, Ireland, England after the 1700s and Germany).
Here is a close up of Holland:
Close up of Ireland - I really loved stitching this section:
England after the 1700s:
Germany:
Germany also had some specialty stitches, including Queen stitch, Algerian Eyelets, Blackwork, Rice stitch and Zig Zag running stitch:

It is Mother's Day next Sunday, but I could not resist getting these lovely roses for my mom a week early :) Aren't they stunning - I love the pink with the hint of green of the flowers.
Until next time, Happy Stitching!

15 comments:

Cath said...

Wow , you have been busy . Great stitching.
What a coincidence ! I bought myself some roses like that last week , except mine seem more green than pink , lol .

Emmanuelle said...

Wonderful work, bravo Michelle! I'm so happy to see the Mary Glover completed!! Your other work is extraordinary !

Lonneke said...

Congrats on your finish! It's lovely. Your sampler looks great as well.
And these roses! They are so beautiful!

Kahlan said...

I just love samplers.This is very colorful one(both of them).

Carol said...

You sure have been stitching, Michelle! That Historic Countries Sampler is huge and so interesting...Everything looks just lovely and those roses--wow! I've never seen anything like them with the greenish outer petals.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! Congrats on your finish, its wonderful.

Wendy said...

your Mary Glover is so beautiful !
well done !

I love all of the special stitches on the Historic Couties sampler, were they hard to do ?

Nicky said...

Mary Glover is lovely ........ and oh my gosh, your historical sampler is stunning .......... and huge! Lovely to see your progress.

Mylene said...

What gorgeous finish, Michelle! I love it as well as the Historic sampler.

Lovely roses!!

mbroider said...

Congrats on a great finish! The half a finish looks wonderful, what a fabulous project!!

Siobhán said...

What a fantastic finish! Woohoo!! I love your progress on the Historic sampler, too.

Solstitches said...

Wow Michelle you have been very busy turning out some very beautiful work.
What a fabulous finish and great progress on your WIP.

Margaret

Edit said...

You have been stitching a lot, and how beautiful!!! And the roses, I simply love their color!!

Anonymous said...

Your work is just beautiful Michelle and I love the shade of your roses.

Bordados em Ponto Cruz da Cleozinha said...

Michelle,
Tem um recadinho para você na postagem One Lovely Blog Award.
Você está na minha lista para quem repasso o prêmio virtual.
Um abraço,

Cleozinha