Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Sampler Finish and an Egg-Change Received!

Hello dear stitching friends, I trust you had a wonderful Easter!  I am happy to say that I have my first big finish for the year :)

Two weeks ago I finished the Isabella Donald sampler from the Spring 2012 issue of the SANQ magazine.  Michelle in the UK and I have been stitching on this piece every Tuesday evening for our 'Sampler SAL'.  I just love how it turned out!


It is stitched on 28 count natural evenweave in my own choice of Madeira silk.


Here is another close up:


I really enjoyed this SAL so much - thank you Michelle, it was such fun stitching 'together'!


This year I decided to take part in my first ever exchange, so I joined in the fun of the Easter Egg-change hosted by Mii!  I received a wonderful package from dear Valerie in France!    


She sent me such great goodies, here is a pic of the beautiful ornament - I just love it!


She also included my favourite chocolates - I just love Lindt!


Beautiful Easter serviettes, lavender scented fragrance sticks and the sweetest card:


Some lovely stitching goodies and ornaments, including buttons and ribbon and the cutest tape measure I have ever seen!  Yes, that little hedgehog is a tape measure!  I absolutely LOVE him!

Thank you for my beautiful gift Valerie, I really love it!


I sent a package to Sonia in Italy.  It left South Africa the day after being posted, but took quite a long time to make its way closer to her.  According to the online 'track and trace' it is now ready to be delivered to her, so I really hope it reaches her soon (and safely!).  I will show photos as soon as it reaches her :)

Furthermore, I have been working on my Bambu Hardanger SAL and I still have a lot to do before the next 'step' becomes available on the first of May.  I also look forward to resuming work on Celebration Sampler now that Isabella Donald is complete.

That's it for now!  Enjoy the rest of  the week and Happy Stitching!

Michelle

21 comments:

cucki said...

Wow everything is so sweet
Big hugs x

Blu said...

Lovely finish!

Mii Stitch said...

A great finish and fabulous goodies received from Valerie. So glad you enjoyed the exchange :) xxx

Bianca said...

What a fun exchange, that little chick is too cute!

butterfly said...

Lovely SAL, and lovely exchange such sweet stitching and gifts.

Manuela said...

Lovely finish.

Greetings, Manuela

Valma said...

I'm so happy you loved my gifts and the ornament :D
and also that everything arrived safe...especially the chocolate :D
I felt in love with the tape measure too ...
I didn't know it was your first exchange, so super you had fun :D
Can't wait to see what you sent to Sonia....
This finish you're sharing today is fabulous ! very beautiful job !! :)
xxxx

Vickie said...

Great sampler! Wonderful gifts you received too.

Miss Marple said...

Hi Michelle!
Thanks you very much for the beautiful gifts!!!!
You are very very sweet, the pansy pendant is WONDERFUL ;)
I'm very happy!

Ps: I'm now follower, your blog is fantastic!

A big big hug
Sonia

Carol said...

Your sampler finish is so pretty, Michelle--and stitching it along with a friend makes it even more special.

Such darling gifts from Valerie--she is such a sweetie :)

Kay said...

The sampler is beautiful, I really like the soft blue flowers . Your Egg Change gifts are just lovely too.

Mylene said...

A beautiful sampler. and lovely exchange gifts!!

Andrea said...

A beautiful sampler finish. Your exchange from Valerie is wonderful.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations on your sampler finish it looks great!!!

Michelle said...

Oh my friend I love how you have finished it - the colours are lovely. I have posted a picture of mine up today. So looking forward to being able to stitch with you next year (for real) xx

Kaisievic said...

A gorgeous finish and your exchange gifts from Valerie are very sweet.

Brigitte said...

What a beautiful sampler you stitched in this SAL. A great finish!
Enjoy all the goodies that you received in the Easter exchange.

Lumiruusu said...

You have really done a great job with your sampler -is looks georgeous!!

All easter Treat and little egg shaped ornament is very pretty!!Enjoy Your gifts!!

Greetings from Finland!!

Stitching Kath said...

Wow Michelle the sampler you have both stitched is fabulous. I doubt I will ever see your sampler in person but I hope to see Michelle's next time I visit her. I have just picked my stitching up again and have a copy of a very old sampler that I fancy stitching so I think that could be coming to the top of my pile.

Ele said...

This sampler looks so beautiful in pattern and colours Michelle,
I like it very much!

Greetings
Gabriele

Edi said...

Info lengkap pada agen judi, situs judi, aplikasi cheat & Hack, maupun tips dan trik bisa anda dapatkan dengan berkunjung ke situs dibawah ini.

InfoPendek
SitusPanas
InfoJitu
CheatPasti