Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Not a lot of progress

This has been such a slow stitching week for me! At least I can show this pinkeep that I have just finished for my mom. I stitched this piece for her from the Elizabethan Cross Stitch book by Barbara Hammet a few months ago. It is finished as a pincushion in the book, but the pinkeep finishing appealed to me more for this piece.
I finished the other side to be a pocket for a scissors or needles - or whatever needs a home at the time :)
My progress on Starr of Mine by LHN has been so slow, but I don't think the rest of the piece will take too long - mostly words, border and stars remaining. Who knows - I could have a finish soon!
I have already selected my next project - Spot of Winter by The Drawn Thread. It will be my first Christmas ornament for the year - I always get itching for some Christmas projects at this time of the year. I have a suitable pale blue linen for this project. This should be a quick stitch!
Melissa is having a HUGE giveaway for her 8th year Blogiversary/ 1000th post! What a milestone! The prize is also great - eight charts, fabric, threads, a scissors and more! You can check it out on her blog.
That's it for now - it's downhill to the weekend from here! Happy Stitching!




No comments: