Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"Starr of Mine" progress

Here is my progress on "Starr of Mine" from this month's Gift of Stitching Magazine. I am really enjoying this project - LHN pieces are such fun to stitch!
I changed the recommended Crescent Colours threads to DMC, since it's not easy to obtain them over here. I am also stitching it on white evenweave instead of the recommended blue fabric. When I placed all the colours on the blue fabric that I have it just didn't look as good as on the photo in the magazine, so I decided to go with the white. I love the clean, crisp look on the white:)
Lori is having a great giveaway to celebrate her blogiversary. Go onto her blog for more details - some great charts up for grabs!

1 comment:

Daniela said...

Beautiful progress!
The parcel with the Hummel chart is also on its way to you.