Monday, March 8, 2010

A Finish and a Few Fobs

Hi from a still sweltering Cape Town! Yes, I am still complaining about the heat - it is over 40 degrees Celsius today and has been like that the entire weekend - hopefully it will 'break' soon - there is a massive thunderstorm predicted for this evening.

Here is a small finish I had recently - it is a Primitive Emery by Nicoletta Farruato of Niky's Creations and was featured in the February edition of The Gift of Stitching Magazine. I stitched it on self-dyed 28ct evenweave in the recommended DMC thread. The leaves are made from patchwork fabric and attached with blanket stitch. The blanket stitch is worked 'unevenly' to give a more rustic look. I just love this little piece!
I have been looking for a scissors fob, but there is not much available locally and I couldn't find the colours or combinations of beads that I was looking for online, so what to do? Of course I made some of my own! Here is the first one I made - I love the Jade/Blue tones.
I also made a few other combinations. The round beads on the Rose colour fobs are exquisite hand crafted glass beads with a foil effect and embossed pattern - they are so gorgeous - they each have a unique pattern!
If you are interested in any of these fobs please pop over to my sales blog - there is also a link in the right-hand panel of this blog or send me an email.
I also have a new start, actually two :) I will post about them soon - in my defense - the one is a SAL that only comes out every second week. Enjoy the rest of the week and Happy Stitching!

16 comments:

Mylene said...

wow! your recent finish looks lovely and great job on the fobs. They all looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love your emery , it's so nice and your fobs are very lovely ,too. You're a very clever crafter, Michelle !

hugs:Manka

Carol said...

Very pretty fobs, Michelle--looks like you and I are both admirers of blues!

Your finish is so sweet, too--very pretty colors in it, too!

Please send some of your warmth overseas to me--it is slowly warming up, but we still have many inches of snow covering the ground. I have never been so ready for spring!

Lonneke said...

They look beautiful. Great job.

Unknown said...

Michelle, I just love this little strawberry and your finish is wonderful!

And, I love your beaded fobs - I love the color combinations. I have never tried beading but it's on my 'one day' list.

Enjoy your day and stay cool

Michelle said...

Wow Michelle - your work is lovely. Well done. Just spoke to my in-laws who live in Cape Town and they said how hot it is. Take care Michelle xx

Jackie said...

Love that emery. Your did a fantastic job on it. Beautiful.

Maggitle said...

Your Primitive Emery is very lovely! The colors, your stitching and your self-dyed fabric is perfect!!! Your scissor fobs are also very pretty!
Congratualions on all your finishes!

Rowyn said...

Your emery is beautiful, and the finishing looks perfect!

You fobs are beautiful too!

The summer weather here in New Zealand is definitely turning Autumnal. That's how I like it, hot days and cool nights. I hope you find some respite from the heat soon.

Tatkis said...

I love your small finish - it looks so beautiful! And scissor fobs are very nice!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Siobhán said...

Wow! They are wonderful, Michelle. You have a talent with finishing!

Annie said...

Gorgeous stitching and finishing job. I call all my blanket stitching 'rustic'..never can get it even.

Your fobs are beautiful too. Your are very creative.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on the primitive emery.

Cathy

Vinniey said...

Wow! What a beautiful finishing you have done for primitive emery! You are so creative! Great job! All your fobs are beautiful especially the first one with blue tone and hearts! :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

that emery is great lovely fobs

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about finds "fobs" - never seen one locally :) These ones you have made are beautiful.