Saturday, March 20, 2010

Two Blog Awards!

What an amazing way to start a long weekend - I have received two blog awards!

The first one is this Beautiful Blogger Award, given to me by Cath (Stitching Chicken) and Vinniey (Sometimes I Stitch).
Thank you so much Cath and Vinniey!

Here are the rules of this award:

1) Thank the person who gave it to you

2) Paste the award on your blog

3) Link to the person who gave you the award

4) List 10 interesting things about yourself

5) Pass the award on to 10 blogs and link to them

Here are the 10 things about me:

1) I'm left handed

2) My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 years - we were in the same science class in high school. He is Dutch.

3) I am currently working on my third degree in Medical Science and plan to start work on my PhD next year.

4) I'm of Dutch, German and Italian descent and my home language is Afrikaans, which is derived from Dutch.

5) I am a huge Sci-fi and Fantasy fan. I'm a Star Trek nut job and I enjoy many other sci-fi series. (Stargate Universe starts again next month - yeah!)

6) I have lived in the same house all my life.

7) I did Ballet for 14 years.

8) At work I am privileged enough to work with people from many countries, including South Africa, Switzerland, Canada, Germany, Austria, The Netherlands, Australia, The Gambia and Cameroon. We also have collaborations with laboratories in the US, The Netherlands, Norway and France.

9) I enjoy a variety of music, including classical, Gregorian chants, pop, hip hop and lots more. My favourite band is the Black Eyed Peas.

10) I have visited New York twice to visit family and spent a lovely white Christmas there once. They have since moved to California.

Here are the Blogs that I nominate for this award:

1) Edit (Fuggosegeim)

2) Manka (Little Rose Cottage)

3) Lee (Flores no Jardim)

4) Karen (Karen's Handiwork)

5) Olga (Olenka's Stitches Blog)

6) Jackie (Scattered Threads)

7) Ulla (Stickzeit)

8) Margit (Margit's kleines SchokiStubchen in der Blogwelt)

9) The Shabby Stitcher

10) Lonneke (Life with Skipper)

The other award I received is the Sunshine Award and was given to me by Jackie (Scattered Threads).
Thank you so much Jackie - I really appreciate it!
Here are the rules for this award:
1) Put the logo on your blog or within your post
2) Pass the award to 12 bloggers
3) Link the nominees within your post
4) Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog
5) Share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award
Here are the 12 blogs that I nominate for this award:

That's it for now! Enjoy the rest of the weekend and Happy Stitching!

23 comments:

Mylene said...

Congrats on both the awards, Michelle.

Have a nice weekend.

Michelle S. said...

Congrats and Thank you! Wow, what a nice surprise! :) I am very happy to see that you like my blog.
I will read the rules and write a post on my blog next week.
Hugs,
Michelle

Karen said...

Thanks Michelle and congrats on both awards! I loved reading about you...that's my favorite part!

happy stitching....

Lee Albrecht said...

Michelle
muito obrigado, aceito com muito carinho. Agora estou em minha casa, e meu computador não é tão bom... amanhã irei na Escola e colocarei no meu blog esse belo presente!!!
Um ótimo domingo
Lee

Olga said...

Michelle,
Congrats on the well deserved awards. Thank you very much for passing me the Beautiful one. :-)
Have a lovely day,
Olga

Vinniey said...

Thanks Michelle and congratulations on both awards! Your blog is beautiful and you deserved it! :) Love reading about you and getting to know you a little better. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the awards Michelle ! And thank you that you give one to me , too :o).I'll post about it soon on my blog.

Maggitle said...

Thank you very much Michelle and congratulations on both awards! I really feel honored that you gave the award to me!!! I will post it in my blog as soon as I have a little more time.
Thanks again and have a wonderful Sunday.
Hugs, Margit

Cath said...

Thanks Michelle , it was great to know more about you. Your job sounds do interesting. Thanks for giving me the sunshine award , I'll be on my blog later . X

Edit said...

Congratulations for the awards, and thank you, too. I will post the award on my blog as soon as I get some time.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Edit

Daffycat said...

Thank you so much Michelle, I am honored!

Carol said...

Thanks so much, Michelle. I have to work on getting both awards posted soon--I have been on vacation for 9 days and several people nominated me for the first award and I just haven't had time to blog about it.

But you are the first to nominate me for the Sunshine Award so I truly appreciate it :)

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your awards Michelle and "Thank you" for the nomination for The Beautiful Blogger Award. You are much too kind (smile).
Hugs. Jackie

Blu said...

Thanks Michelle for the award!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! Thanks for the wonderful award!

Annie said...

Congrats, Michelle. And thank you so much for awarding me!

mbroider said...

Thanks for the award Michele, my very FIRST one:)

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on the awards, Michelle! I enjoyed reading about you. :)

Tatkis said...

Wow, I congratulate you with those awards, and thank you so much!

Fünfzigerjahremädel said...

Michelle,thank you very much for your award! I enjoy to hear,that you like my blog,I also like yours!
Now I need a little time to think about me and my secrets!;-)))
I wish you all the best! Greetings from Ulla

Lonneke said...

Congratulations with your awards!
And thank you so much for giving me one!

Estrella said...

Hi Michelle, do you know that we are partners in Mamen´s Sal? I´ve seen your work and have to tell you that I can´t close my mouth with them, I like it so much, the girl from Alhambra, was that the name?, is amazing, congratulations for all your works. Hugs, Estrella

Lia said...

Hi Michelle
I saw about your blog at Lee Albrecht blog and I really loved your stitches!! They are great!!
I´ll come back to see what you are stitching !!
Congratulations!!
Lia